With the new summer season comes a chance to reflect. At this point it’s officially halfway through the year. How are your goals for the year shaping up? There are a few things I have neglected but some things are still going strong! This serves as a reminder to me to continue different forms of meditation, to push myself to try new asanas, and to take more time to disconnect. Take a minute, think about your year and where you want to be. Come back, I’ll wait.
Another way to make the most of this time of year is to create a summer bucket list. It is a great way to really solidify all the fun things you want to do now that the weather is nice. Here is mine:
- Go to the beach once a week, even just for 30 minutes.
- Visit farmer’s markets for fresh produce.
- Make croissants! (finally)
- Read 5 new books.
- Continue to run & bike, and slowly increase distance.
- Donate blood without fainting.
- Picnic outside in the park.
- Experiment with artsy things like handwriting or watercolors.
Take a minute to physically write your stuff down. Do it up, make it pretty-ish, and feel inspired.